This past weekend, I had the chance to go hang with the in-laws (John, Paula, and Jared). I headed out on Thursday evening courtesy of Southwest and made it to Searcy about 9pm. On Friday, Paula and I hung out all day talking, crafting, and wandering around campus. Later that night we all worked on our projects (computer junk for the boys, crafts for the girls). Eventually we made the obligatory trip to Lowe's. You can't be near the Vines for more than 24 hours without having a project that requires a trip there, so we made the trek. Good times, as always!!
On Saturday, we headed out to the lake for some sun and swimming. Keiko (family Lab) got to join us and she had a great time in the water. Then she decided to take it upon herself to "protect and defend" our picnic table area from the other kids and families. Such a fierce one, that girl! The day was gorgeous, and the lake was so beautiful. If you don't believe me, look at the picture above. It was pretty perfect.
On Sunday, we went to church and I got to see some old friends. First was Amy B., who was my big sis in Delta Gamma Rho, and her adorable kiddos. I can't believe we're old enough that she has 2 kids in school! Makes me feel ancient.Then I got to see Sam and Mary Sue Billingsley, who I've known since first grade. They moved to Searcy when I was a senior in high school and then became even more of my "surrogate parents". They were always there during the college years, which was a great blessing. Sam was even the minister for my wedding, so they are definitely special people in my life. It was really good to see them and get to talk for a bit.
After church, we made the usual trek to Colton's for lunch. It's a yummy place similar to Texas Roadhouse (but better!) that is exclusive to Arkansas. I only get to eat there 3-4 times a year, so I really enjoyed it!! I ate too much, but I loved every bite.
Then I got to the airport, and found out that my flight was a hour and half behind schedule. I think it was all Gustav's fault, delaying the planes coming in and out of Houston. Oh well. So I made it back to Dallas, only to find out that I had no ride!! Heaf had gotten caught in the back end of a 3 car pile-up and was stuck in Allen. She was by herself and ok, but obviously couldn't come get me. So the "senior" Hardins had to come rescue me after they got out of church. I made it back to McKinney by about 8:30p Sunday night, and all was well.
I had a great time visiting with everyone this weekend! It was so good to see John and Paula (and even Jared...though he slept as much as possible!). Searcy hasn't changed much, but there's a comfort in that some days. It'll be good to go back again sometime soon to visit again!


3 comments:
Glad you got to enjoy your weekend. The lake sounds like fun!!
Hey Alison girl. It's me Sara. I added you to my blogs to stalk! Check mine out anytime! Good to see that you are doing so well!
I am glad you had a good time. I missed my "peas and carrots" here, though. Good to have you home.
Post a Comment