He's here! He's Here!

Baby Jake has finally joined us here in the world. It took him a while as he was a little stubborn about sticking to his own personal time schedule, but he made it. The vital stats:
Name: Jacob Porter Hardin
Date of Birth: Septemeber 10, 2008
Time: 11:37pm
Weight: 8 lbs. 13 oz.

Jake is such a cutie! He has a few scratches and bruises because he took the hard road to get here, but is healing nicely. Lots of visitors have stopped by to see him, and he even got a few presents. Of course, Ella took it upon herself to open them for him! She even got a present too...another pony. That makes like number 1 million. But, in the end, she shared her pony with Jake so he would have a toy too. Very sweet to baby brother.
I went to visit after work today, and he was a little cranky. They were starving the poor little guy! Actually, they had to deliberately restrict his food intake for a couple of hours so that he could suffer through the next part of his day - circumcision. Poor little guy...he hasn't even been here for 24 full hours yet, and they were already cutting on him. But, he came through like a champ and was resting peacefully after dinner. I got to cuddle with him, which was good times. I love babies when they are so fresh, because you can just hold them close and cuddle for as long as you want.
Hopefully he will get to come home on Saturday and get settled in to the new place. Nana and PaPa will get into town on Monday to spoil him for the week. I can't wait to hang out with everyone and get in the family bonding time. I'm sure I'll post more pictures as I get them.
In the meantime...feel free to tell me how adorable my new nephew is!!


1 comments:
Ill be the first to tell your nephew is gorgeous!!! :)
What a great Aunt you are too. You calmed me down during my many MANY panic moments!!!
hh
Post a Comment