Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Birthdays, Birthdays, Birthdays!


Well, it's July - and that means birthday time in my world!

In my immediate family that includes me (27th), Geoff (20th) and Ella (30th)! For my parents, July means Ella is having a birthday and they will be coming in town. They might say hi to me and Geoff since they'll be here anyway.

In my extended "family" that includes Candas (14th) and Dave (18th)...and probably someone else that I'm missing. For those of you who are trying to procreate..I would recommend the Sept/Oct range. It's apparently a good time of year! (Just saying!)

This particular year Ella is VERY proud of the fact that she is turning "Free". That sounds all cute and everything until she asks how old I'm gonna be....30! I turn it into a joke and tell her I'm going to be 10 times as old as her, and she just laughs and laughs. Funny...until you actually think about it. Seriously, who wants to be 10 times older than someone? Or to be three DECADES old? I feel like I should have a cane or something. Gross.

Anyway, the birthday party will be heating up at the pool on the 27th (Ella's party, not mine), with lots of presents to open. Ella has been waiting on them for months now...so I guess I need to get shopping!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Sounds like a busy crazy month! You better get shopping. You wouldn't dare disappoint that sweet girl with a crappy gift. It's gotta be awesome. And don't worry, you won't need to bring your cane to the mall. I hear they have those great scooters that you can ride on. LOL!!!

The Potts Family said...

Add me to your list ! The 26th :)

Alison said...

I knew there was someone else!!!!

Sherry Turner said...

Hey, the cane will fit right in with the Turner's and our crutches! We can be one big happy family! I know that is exactly what you wanted to hear!