Monday, August 11, 2008

Small World...or is it a Big One?

I have had 2 very different things happen today to remind me about God's world, and the wonder associated with His plan.

First, I found out that someone I have known indirectly for years has very direct knowledge of a person in my life right now. The minimal information I received gave support to a belief that I already had in my mind, which gave me hope and peace for the future.

Then, I received an email from someone that I've never heard of before telling me that he has heard of me. He then told me that what he has heard of my trial has been an encouragement to him for his own life.

All of this made me stop and think about how small (and big) God's world is. It's amazing how one thing in your life can bring about connections you would never expect. It also reminded me that the smallest (or biggest) actions in our lives can be an example of God to people we will never meet. It brings a whole new perspective to me on why God has such high expectations of us. Some action that we deem as "small" or "not related to anyone else" could very well be what God plans to use for that "someone else" without us ever knowing.

If you always do your best for God, you never have to worry about what your actions show to others. It's tough to do sometimes, but God wouldn't ask it unless it was possible. Never underestimate why God puts something in front of you - it's His plan, not yours. He has a whole world to reach, and He uses you (and I) to do it!

3 comments:

The Potts Family said...

So very true.

Lisa said...

Nicely put. The crazy thing is that you will probably never know just how many people your trials and experiences have helped or encouraged. The things we do and the things that happen to us reach far more people than we realize.

Anonymous said...

God will take care of you.