Kids have such a wonderful way of looking at the world - I love it!! In this case, I'm referring to Ella, of course. She's at that perfect age where the conversations you have are just always a surprise, and quite amusing. If you need examples, head over to Heather's blog, and read some of the latest happenings. Always hilarious! I get to provide this story as it involves me.
Many of you know that Ella calls me "Ali" (or Aunt Ali if she feels like giving the full effort). Anyway, last week she realized something that apparently rocked her world.....there are TWO Ali(e)s! Our friends the Zarbaughs have a daughter named Allie. Oddly enough, Heaf and I have known Chris Z since we were about Ella's age (poor guy!), and the Z's are close friends with our WCCC friend Leslie and her husband Erick. Small world - yet again! (Sorry for the tangent - remember the name of this blog includes "Random Thoughts".)
Anyway, Heaf was helping Christy Z. with the auction for NTCA, and so Ella met Allie. She thought is was pretty cool and started referring to "Little Allie and Big Ali". Heaf had called to tell me that one day because she thought it was pretty funny. But it's one of those things you expect to be on her brain one day and then gone the next. So when I got to church on Sunday, the first words out of Ella's mouth were "Guess what? There are TWO Ali(e)s here! You and my Little Allie." So adorable!!
Then that afternoon, while setting up the for the auction, the heavens must have opened up to make Ella's world perfect. She got to show her "Little Allie" that I was her "Big Ali". Then she just laughed and laughed, like it was the coolest thing ever! I'm so glad to know that my name can bring such enjoyment to the world of a 3 year old! Good times.

3 comments:
Very cute! I love the things that come out of the mouths of children
Love it!! Kids are so precious! How are you doing this week?? Love you!
To me you are Sherry's Ali.
Post a Comment